Monday, August 24, 2009

Maiden Voyage

I suppose this is the first post; the maiden voyage, as they say. Please do not be confused by the posts to come that reference the past. I intended to start this blog for quite some time but lacked the impetus or time to see it through. I know have a bit of both and say hello to the world of bloggers, epicures, net-aholics, and random searchers. Welcome to the world of delicious imperfection - where food is delicious but not necessarily precise. I have found, over the years, that I create my best recipes by happenstance. I rarely follow a recipe word for word. And with so many recipes out there for the same thing, I often choose to go with my gut. Somehow my gut, hands and mind come up with wonderful recipes, alternatives and solutions. So I'm sticking with that. I'm sticking with delicious imperfection.

Join the adventure. Offer suggestions, comments, photos, events, recommendations...whathaveyou. And try some of the recipes. I will tell you this, and remind you often, that I don't follow recipes and often forget to measure exactly how much of something I put in a dish. So follow loosely, make your own changes, and don't expect perfection. Do, however, expect to enjoy yourself and your food. That's what's most important after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment